Monday 25 April 2011

Project : Original Variant - Raising Heart Force Blade form (WIP)

Project : Original Variant - Raising Heart Force Blade form
My doll, Shia, is no stranger to cosplaying and she have a huge wardrobe of cosplay costumes. As for me, I prefer variant over canonical versions and so this project was born. To create an original variant of the female lead Takamichi Nanoha's "intelligent device", Raising Heart from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. The original was a wand but I wanted to do something alternative so I went ahead and designed a melee weapon.

Creating variants, for me personally, is a much more enjoyable process than trying to recreate the original item. It frees me to exercise my creativity rather than nip-pick on details of the original.

Looking back, I realised that I have little to none Work-In-Progress (WIP) records for my Buster Sword project. For this project, I made an effort in recording down work processes whenever possible.

The base form
Hilt details
Blade details
Click here for pictures of the completed sword !

No comments:

Post a Comment