Monday 18 April 2011

Photoshoot : Fate/Stay Night - Saber Variant


Besides being a weapon fanatic, I am also into creating variants, be it original or otherwise. No doubt it would be more satisfying to portrait a character you fancy onto your doll in all its glory, sometimes don't you wonder if it would be more fun to create a variant instead ?

The character : Saber (Fate/Stay Night)
Saber, of Fate/Stay Night fame, is possibly be one of the most prolific sword wielding character in recent times. Such is her popularity that she is even made into a Dolfie Dream doll. She is a sword user (plus point for me !) and she definitely has a nice dress outside of all her armor (which I am still trying to create).

Love for a character can be expressed in many ways and the way I choose to show it is to create a variant. For this, I had a custom Saber dress tailored for Shia in shades of red and black and with the help of my friend, mori.m, we trekked off to a coastal area to do this shoot. mori.m has been a great friend of mine and my wife and is also the one who manipulated introduced us to the world of dolls. With his experience in doll photography and guidance, this series of photos were born.








Thank you for viewing !
I hope you have enjoyed this gallery !

No comments:

Post a Comment