Monday 11 April 2011

Project : Buster Sword (Effects)

One of my first project involving weathering effects, the buster sword is both an experiment with various effects and an experience in creating a 1/4 prop largely on my own with a little guidance from my mentor.


Here I try to recreate battle damage and rusting on a Final Fantasy VII classic weapon, the buster sword. The inspiration for this project came after watching Final Fantasy : Advent Children. The rusted and worn buster sword towards the end of the show really strikes a chord with me.

Battle damage
An example of battle damage. Here I was trying to create an effect of the blade blocking a heated sword attack and sustaining damage in the process.

Rust from lack of repair

An example of rusting. Natural wear and tear has taken a toll on the sword, the pristine blade has started to age and rust.

Another example of battle damage. The sword has taken a beating from gunfire.

Bullet holes
Click here to see the completed buster sword !

No comments:

Post a Comment