Tuesday 12 April 2011

Project : Buster Sword (Posing and Weight)

Here we have my MSD Shia (紫夜) holding the buster sword. I greatly favor using gunpla plastic/pla-plate as compared to epoxy putty. Firstly, my fingers are not nimble enough to produce something decent. Secondly, it is too heavy for my liking to provide the type of pose I aspire to have.



The above shows the sword still in the production stage but is able to be handled and posed. As this is the first weapon prop I have created with pla-plate, I shortened the blade length by a third to reduce the weight. In hindsight, I think it would not be necessary to do so.

The following two photos shows the completed sword being posed and held by my doll. Shia has jointed MSD hands which allows her to grip the weapon as a human would do so. Should the sword be made in epoxy putty, I believe poses like this would be pretty difficult to achieve without additional support.


No comments:

Post a Comment