Thursday 23 June 2011

Project : Original Variant - Raising Heart Force Halberd form (WIP)

The completed halberd

Here I am back again with another original variant of the Nanoha series. This time I'm challenging a new kind of weapon, namely the halberd.

Crafting a polearm kind of weapon has always been a problem for me, the selection of a shaft sturdy enough to withstand handling as well as being light and slender to be wielded by a MSD. Various issues of weight balance also comes into play such as the joining of the weapon head (in this instance, it is a blade) to the shaft is just an example of what I faced.

This also marks the first project that I complete the airbrushing by myself without guidance from my mentor. I felt pretty intimidated at first but overall it has been a wonderful experience and I must say I have fallen in love with airbrushing.

I have also taken more of my WIP process, so feel free to leave any comments and questions behind and I will try my best to answer them.

The base blade
Closeup of the blade tip
Finished base design with details
Finished base design with details (Sorry for the blurriness)
Finished design with base coat
Finished design with base coat
The full prop before painting
Thank you for viewing !

No comments:

Post a Comment